| 歡迎 (欢迎) | welcome | स्वागत हे | bienvenido | أهلا بك | bienvenu | bem-vinda |


| a | b | c | d | e | f | g | h | i | j | k | l | m | n | o | p | q | r | s | t | u | v | w | x | y | z |

this site follows the time zone of Kiritimati (previously known as Christmas Island, Pacific Ocean), Kiribati, the first to see the rising sun.

7,000+ banknotes collected as at 29.05.2026

. . . . . o o o O o o o . . . . .

Facts - About eleven countries still issuing banknotes without any signature(s) on it. They are; - China, Japan, Korea North, Korea South, Laos, Myanmar, Russia, Taiwan, Transnistria, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.

To All My Visitors and Friends,

Please feel free to Contact Me. Alternatively, you may post your comment on any of my posts and I will come back to you within 24-48 hours. If you are expecting a reply, please try not to post any questions on the chat CBox as I do not check that on a regular basis. Before you post any comments here, please note that I will only publish your opinions that are related to this hobby. All other unrelated topics will not be accepted here. Thank You for your understanding.

September Postings 2026

September 2026

7,174 Banknotes Collected

 

 

1st September 2026

nd1966

Uganda - Here are the four banknotes of Uganda first series all issued reportedly on 15.08.1966. Prior to 1966, Uganda shared the same currency together with Kenya and Tanganyika (now Tanzania). The currency was then issued by the East African Currency Board (dissolved in 1967) and was known as East African Shilling. In 1966, Uganda established it's central bank and called it the Bank of Uganda and released a full set of Uganda shilling currency...

3rd September 2026 

nd2014

Tonga - Here are the three reprints of 10, 20 and 50 pa'anga specimen notes. This series was first introduced in 2008, and since then reprints were issued in 2012 for the 1, 2, 5, and 10 pa'anga notes. The notes that I have posted here are considered as the third prints since this series was first introduced in 2008, however, for these reprints only 10, 20 and 50 pa'anga were issued. It should be noted that both the 20 and 50 pa'anga were not included in the 2012 reprints, however, this is the third issue for the 10 pa'anga since 2008. No reprint for the 100 pa'anga has been reported or sighted...

9 September 2026 

30 Stycznia 2025 r.

Poland - Posted here are the two notes of 10 and 20 zlotych both printed with the year date of 2025. These are reprints of the current series, first introduced in 2012. Are these the only two notes printed with the date 2025?...

  

12th September 2026 

nd2025
Great Britain - Here, I have the ₤20 polymer note with the portrait of King Charles the Third first issued on 05.06.2024. The note that I have here is the reprint of the nd2024 series, but with the Chief Cashier signature of Victoria Mary Florence Cleland. It is believed that this reprint note was issued in (nd)2025.


17 September 2026 

nd2023
Singapore - The is the latest $100 note printed with a tiny symbol of an inverted triangle on the back. It is not sure when this note was printed but since Tharma Shanmugaratnam left the Monetary Authority of Singapore as Chairman on 8 July 2023, one can only assume this note was ordered/printed before his departure date. Also it is not sure if there are other $100 notes printed with different symbols after this, or perhaps this is the last of the $100 note bearing his signature. Since then, Tharma Shanmugaratnam has been elected as the 9th President of Singapore...

19th September 2026

1st March 1974
Scotland, Clydesdale Bank Limited - This is one odd note of £1 I have in my collection that was printed with the date of 1st March 1974 and signed by A R MacMillian as Chief General Manager. I am unable to find out what the initials "A R" stand for. The condition of this note is heavily circulated and I have no recollection as to how I got this note in the first place. It is most likely that I got this as a change, but I can't confirm this. This £1 note was issued between 1971 to 1981 and unfortunately this is the only piece I have in my collections. I have had this banknote in my procession for many many years...

No comments:

Post a Comment