| 歡迎 (欢迎) | welcome | स्वागत हे | bienvenido | أهلا بك | bienvenu | bem-vinda |


| a | b | c | d | e | f | g | h | i | j | k | l | m | n | o | p | q | r | s | t | u | v | w | x | y | z |

this site follows the time zone of Kiritimati (previously known as Christmas Island, Pacific Ocean), Kiribati, the first to see the rising sun.

7,000+ banknotes collected as at 29.05.2026

. . . . . o o o O o o o . . . . .

Facts - About eleven countries still issuing banknotes without any signature(s) on it. They are; - China, Japan, Korea North, Korea South, Laos, Myanmar, Russia, Taiwan, Transnistria, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.

To All My Visitors and Friends,

Please feel free to Contact Me. Alternatively, you may post your comment on any of my posts and I will come back to you within 24-48 hours. If you are expecting a reply, please try not to post any questions on the chat CBox as I do not check that on a regular basis. Before you post any comments here, please note that I will only publish your opinions that are related to this hobby. All other unrelated topics will not be accepted here. Thank You for your understanding.

August Postings 2026

August 2026

7,166 Banknotes Collected

嗨! 

 

1st August 2026 

2025

Bhutan - Here are the three commemorative notes of 100, 500 and 1000 ngultrum all released on 02.01.2026. These three notes are all printed in polymer substrates and were issued to celebrate the 70th birthday of the formal King, Jigme Singye Wangchuck, who was the King of Bhutan from 1972 to 2006. King Jigme Singye Wangchuck was born on 11th November 1955, and abdicated in 2006 in favour of his son, King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck...

4th August 2026 

2024

  

Hong Kong - This is the latest Hong Kong $10 polymer note issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region government. This note is dated 1st January 2024 and was only reported among collectors last year. This is still the only banknote issued in Hong Kong that is printed on polymer substrate material...

 

8th August 2026

nd2022

Sweden - Here, I have posted two notes both supposedly printed in 2022 with the prefix letter K. The two notes posted are the 20 and 100 kronor and it is believed that the 500 kronor is printed too. So far, none has been sighted in public yet. As at the time of this posting, only two prefixes for the 500 kronor have been issued and they were printed with the letters B (nd2014) and C (nd2015). I also read somewhere that this 500 kroner notes were also printed with the letters E (nd2017), F (nd2018) and G (nd2019). I am not sure if this is correct. Time will tell!... 

12th August 2026
20th February 1974

Falkland Islands - Recently I acquired the fifty pence bearing the signature of Harold Theodore Rowlands. This note is dated 20.02.1974 and I have re-posted the other 50 pence here dated 05.09.1969 bearing the signature of Leslie Charles Gleadell... 



15th August 2026 

nd2018

Malaysia - On 13.04.2025 I posted a full set of six notes from 1 to 100 ringgit all bearing the bank's governor's signature of Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus. This series was first introduced on 05.07.2009 with the 50 ringgit. You can click onto the link above to view my original post. It has come to my attention that whilst in all previous issues, replacement notes are usually printed for all denominations of banknotes that are issued for general circulation. However, for this series, only the denominations of RM1 (polymer), RM50 and RM100 were printed with replacement prefixes but not for the RM5, RM10 and RM20...  

23rd August 2026 

Harare 2026

Zimbabwe - On 07.04.2026, the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe released the first 3 notes of 10, 20 and 50 ZiG for circulation, with the remaining two notes, 100 and 200 ZiG will be released at a later date. The designs on all the five notes are not the same this time. On the front, each note depicts a wildlife animal of Zimbabwe and on the back, each note features a famous landmark of Zimbabwe...

25th August 2026

Zagreb, 8. Listopada 1991.
Croatia - I have added a 25 dinara second print note dated 1991 to my previous post. Recently, I found out that there are two varieties for the 25 dinara note dated 1991. The differences between these notes are the watermarks and also the fonts used for the serial number. The standard Pick banknotes catalogue refers to these notes as P19a and P19b. The first print has a watermark numeral of 5 and the second print has an inverted numeral 5 watermark. Also the fonts printed for the serial numbers are not the same for the two versions too. The best way to tell them apart is by looking at the zero on the serial number (if any) between the two notes. The first print shows a more oval shape (narrow oval zeros) for the zeros printed whilst the second print has a more roundish look (squared-off zeros). When I found out that I was missing the second print in my collection, I started to look and see if I can get one online. Of course, this is a small and cheap note, so spending between say $5 to $10 (including postage) to get one in UNC condition is not an issue for me as I like to collect my banknotes in full sets if possible. Whilst looking through seller sites for this missing note, I remember that I do have some spares notes for this 1991-1993 series. So, I went and dug them out and realised that I already have this second print in my collection. I have had this spare note for more than 15 years and was not aware of the differences between the two prints. There you are, I have now saved myself $5-10!...  

26th August 2026 

2026
Samoa - I have added the folder that was issued together with this 60 tala commemorative note to my previous posts (normal/replacement/specimen). A total of 500 specially designed folders were issued when this 60 tala commemorative note was issued on 31 May 2023. These folder were sold as it is without the actual banknotes inside but the folders were meant for both the standard uncirculated notes and the specimen notes. These folders are sold at Samoan 20 tala each.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment