| 歡迎 (欢迎) | welcome | स्वागत हे | bienvenido | أهلا بك | bienvenu | bem-vinda |


| a | b | c | d | e | f | g | h | i | j | k | l | m | n | o | p | q | r | s | t | u | v | w | x | y | z |

this site follows the time zone of Kiritimati (previously known as Christmas Island, Pacific Ocean), Kiribati, the first to see the rising sun.

5,985 banknotes collected as at 31.12.2021

. . . . . o o o O o o o . . . . .

Facts - About eleven countries still issuing banknotes without any signature(s) on it. They are; - China, Japan, Korea North, Korea South, Laos, Myanmar, Russia, Taiwan, Transnistria, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.

To All My Visitors and Friends,

Please feel free to Contact Me. Alternatively, you may post your comment on any of my posts and I will come back to you within 24-48 hours. If you are expecting a reply, please try not to post any questions on the chat CBox as I do not check that on a regular basis. Before you post any comments here, please note that I will only publish your opinions that are related to this hobby. All other unrelated topics will not be accepted here. Thank You for your understanding.

April 2010 Postings

My latest acquisitions. Please enjoy viewing the notes.

Northern Ireland Ulster Bank Limited - 1 Pound (P325b), 5 Pounds (P335a) and 10 Pounds (P336b). Personally, I find Ulster Bank notes are a bit hard to find expecially those larger denominations, and even if you managed to find one, they are always very expensive. However I was lucky enought to get hold of the 5 Pounds George Best note at face value few years ago. I got this note from a very good collector friend. The thing is that, you are always restricted to just one or sometime 2 notes, unless you are willing to pay market price for more quantity. Well, as a collector, I can't be complaining about this.

April 15, 2010
Jamaica - $5,000 dated 15.1.2009. This is the hightest denomination note ever issued by the Jamaican government, and is also the first hybrid note of Jamaica. This note depicts the former Prime Minister of Jamaica, the Rt Hon Hugh Lawson Shearer who died in 2004. Jamaica is the second nation in the American region to issue a Hybrid note. The other nation was Bermuda. I also have the rest of the Jamaician notes from $50 to $1000 issued dated 2007 and 2008, which I will be posting them on my site early next month. As Jamaician dollar at the moment is fairly weak against the US, these Jamiacian dollars are very affortable.

April 10, 2010
Guyana - Uploaded about 8 notes from $20 to $1000 with various signatures. These are cheap and very affortable notes to collect. These notes came from a dealer in Guyana, and I also bought some of the lower denominations issued some 20 years ago. Unfortunately these notes all have foxing on it, but fortunately for me, I have already got those notes in my collection. Please enjoy viewing.

April 5, 2010
Australia Warner Bros. Movie World - $1, $5 and $10. These are neither fantasy or novetly money. The reason I said that, as I believe these currencies are still legal tender at the Warner Bros. Movie World in Gold Coast Australia. These are just like those DisneyLand notes issued in the US. I got these set back in September 2002 when my familily visited the theme park. The design of these notes are the same on both the front and back. The only difference is that the serial number only appears on one site. The size of the these notes are similar to Australian last paper notes. I have not sighted anyone actually using these notes at Movie World, but I was told that if presented all shops must accept them as legal tender. Whilst not everyone collects these kind of notes, I have seen a local dealer few years ago selling this set for in excess of $66 plus. Of course you can still get them at face value at the Movie World. Just add the theme park entrance fee, return air tickets, accommodation, foods etc, and you should be able to get as many sets as you like to your heart desired. The good thing is that you can actually select the best notes you want from a bundle. Or perhaps $66 is not that bad after all LOL!

Australia - CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation). This is a novelty note issued in 2006 to celebrating 80 years of CSIRO inventions and successes. This "note" is printed on the same material as those polymer notes used in Australia. If you have not physically seen one before, and has been offered one, my opinion is that don't buy it. As I said early, this is a novelty and it is manufactured and printed more like a thin cardboard than a real "Banknote". I have seen collectors paying $75+ for this piece both on local show and online auction. Of course I paid much less that this. My own personal opinion is that it is not worth collecting.

April 4, 2010
United State of America - Two days ago, I posted a complete set of 1 dollar Series 2003A given to me by a collector friend as gift. In fact this same collector friend sent me two sets on 2 difference occassions and I though they were the same. I had a look again today and noticed that they are not the same. The previous set posted was the Series 2003A (P515b), whilst the one I have just posted are the Series 2003 (P515a). I can now say that I have the complete notes for the $1 issued in 2003.

April 2, 2010
United States of America - A complete set of 2003 Series A One Dollar issued by all 12 Federal Reserves from L1 to L12. A rather nice set to have. This set was given to me by a good collector friend from the US. Thanks mate.

Nigeria - Polymer notes for 5, 10 (x2) and 50 Naira all 2009 added. I personally find collecting polymer notes less challenging now than when it first started. It's getting more and more common and less interesting. Personally, I still prefer the good old cotton based paper banknotes.

Vietnam - I have uploaded all my Vietnam polymer notes collection. However I am still missing the 2007 prints for the 100,000 and 500,000 Dong. If any one out there have spares to trade, please do drope me a line. I am always keen to exchange for one or two for my collection.

April 1, 2010
Comoros - A complete set of notes issued in 2006. A rather nice set of notes. Unfortunately it seems that they have lost the French influence on notes designing, not like those previously issues. What a pity.

French Pacific Territories - A complete set from 500 to 10,000 Francs. Unfortunatelly these are not all with matching signatures, and given that the SC WPM is not up todate, I have no idea what year(s) or the who the signatories are. French Pacific Territories banknotes are always a favourite amount paper banknote collectors, as they are so colourful and nice. Surpricingly they still issued notes with such a large size like the 5,000 and 10,000 Francs.

Hong Kong - $150 Commemorative Charity 2009 folder note prefix 'HK'. I have added this note to the 'SC' prefix. So far only two prefixes (SC and HK) have been sighted. If any readers think or know that there are more than two, please let me know. It is believed that the HK prefix was designated as replacement note. Wondering why they didn't use ZA or ZZ letters etc for replacement.

Chile - Second polymer note denomination 5,000 Pesos released on 24.9.2009. First polymer issued was the 2,000 pesos in 2004, 2007 and 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment