| 歡迎 (欢迎) | welcome | स्वागत हे | bienvenido | أهلا بك | bienvenu | bem-vinda |


| a | b | c | d | e | f | g | h | i | j | k | l | m | n | o | p | q | r | s | t | u | v | w | x | y | z |

this site follows the time zone of Kiritimati (previously known as Christmas Island, Pacific Ocean), Kiribati, the first to see the rising sun.

5,985 banknotes collected as at 31.12.2021

. . . . . o o o O o o o . . . . .

Facts - About eleven countries still issuing banknotes without any signature(s) on it. They are; - China, Japan, Korea North, Korea South, Laos, Myanmar, Russia, Taiwan, Transnistria, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.

To All My Visitors and Friends,

Please feel free to Contact Me. Alternatively, you may post your comment on any of my posts and I will come back to you within 24-48 hours. If you are expecting a reply, please try not to post any questions on the chat CBox as I do not check that on a regular basis. Before you post any comments here, please note that I will only publish your opinions that are related to this hobby. All other unrelated topics will not be accepted here. Thank You for your understanding.

October Postings 2023

October 2023


1st October 2023

Solomon Islands - I have posted four notes of $5 (polymer), $10 and $20 (both paper) and $100 (hybrid) specimen notes all bearing the signatures of Governor Dr Luke Forau and McKinie P Dentana (Secretary, Minister of Finance). These notes were released between 2021 and 2023. Missing here is the $50 note which I understand that it has not been printed or released yet. Please note that I have mentioned the Secretary, Minister of Finance as McKine P Dentatan here. Other websites have stated that this signature belongs to Harry Degruit Kuma, which I believe is incorrect. Harry Degruit Kuma was the Secretary from 2015 to 2018. If anyone can prove me wrong, please let me know and I will correct it accordingly.

4th October 2023

Samoa - I have added the 60 tala commemorative note issued on 31.05.2023 with the replacement prefix of ZZ. This banknote was issued to celebrate Samoa's 60th year of independence from New Zealand. The release of this commemorative note was announced on 26.05.2023 by the Minister of Finance, Mulipola Anarosa Ale-Molioo. 

8th October 2023

Canada - Posted are four polymer notes of $5, $20, $50 and $100 all printed with the signature combinations of Timothy Lane and Tiff Macklem. These notes were reportedly released between 2021 and 2022.

10th October 2023

Hong Kong, Bank of China - Posted two notes here for the denominations of $500 and $1000 both dated 01.01.2020. These are the first reprints of the 2018 series, and it is believed that these are the only two notes released in 2020. 

14th October 2023

Vanuatu - I have added the 1000 vatu paper note with the prefix GG to my previous post. It appears that only three prefixes were issued with EE, FF, JJ, GG and KK. I do not have the KK prefix (yet).

18th October 2024

Russia - I have added the 100 rubles issued in 2022 to my previous post for the 200 and 2000 rubles both dated 2017. I have also posted this in my Hybrid site.

22nd October 2023

Singapore - I have added the $50 paper note printed with a solid house symbol on the back of the note. I believe this is the last print bearing the signature of Tharma Shanmugaratnam for this denomination as he is no longer the Chairman of MAS. I believe this note is released in 2022. I am still missing the $100 with two-solid-house symbol issued in 2023. I have also updated this to my polymer series as well. 

28th October 2023

FIJI - I have added the 2022 Eight-eight cents commemorative note with AA prefix to my previous post.


No comments:

Post a Comment