...

| HOME |

| africa | america | asia | east asia | europe | oceania | south east asia |

| commemorative | hybrid | polymer | australia |

| a | b | c | d | e | f | g | h | i | j | k | l | m | n | o | p | q | r | s | t | u | v | w | "X" | y | z |

. . . please contact me via hw3883@gmail.com . . . thank you

my thoughts

..... (only thinking with my tiny little brain).....

August 8, 2012 - I see some regular visitors here. Few I know but most I don't. If you are a collector, a dealer or even a beginner, please feel free to contact me for a chat. We can always exchange views, ideas and information regarding our hobby. All contacts are welcome.

August 6, 2012 - I recently came back from an overseas trip. During my break, I visited both Hong Kong and Guangzhou (Canton/China) briefly. The trip was great but the local weather was a bit hot (over 35 degrees+). In Hong Kong we visited the 'Avenue of Stars" and this was the only place we went. Not much of a holiday. In Guangzhou, we managed to spend some time window shopping along the famous "Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street". This street was bussing with shoppers and tourists day and night. It was so crowded that sometime you have to walk side way to get from one shop to another. Just a word of warning. If you have no intension to buy, please don't ask for a price along those small stalls situated along this well known shopping street. Whilst we were they, we over heard a seller verbally abusing a potential customer for walking away after enquiring for the price. The words used were not very nice too. As the trip was very short, I didn't have the opportunity to visit any of the local banknote dealers either. Maybe next time.
View from 'Avenue of Stars', Hong Kong
One of the many statues along the famous Shangxiajia Pedestrian Street, Guangzhou China

 August 4, 2012 - Notes collected 3,935.

02.08.2012 - Do you find the colours for the new Malaysian RM10 and RM20 a bit confusing? I do. On few occassions, I misled the RM10 as RM20. Given that traditionally the RM10 is in Red, I am not surprise if the Central Bank changes the colour for the RM20, perhaps to brown, just like those previously issued.

01.08.2012 - Australia $50 and $100 reprints ND2011 have been released.

16.07.2012 - New Malaysian series of banknotes released today and I totally forgot about it. No wonder my collector friends in Malaysia are so quite. Must be looking for the ZA replacement notes or solid numbers or even error notes too.........

11.07.2012 - AdSense applied (7.7.2012) and approved 11.7.2012. Ads added to all my sites finally.

08.07.2012 - Amcorp Plaza,Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. I was there for a very short while yesterday (Sunday). Every Sunday, located at the lower ground floor, traders set up tables selling various kind of collectables, including stamps, coins, banknotes, antique (old military/ceremony swords), books, electronic (mobile phone first series), households equipments (old sewing machines, pots and pans etc). As a collector of numismatics, I only went around tables that have banknotes for sales. As I didn't stay long nor I have any money to buy any, needless to say I ended up empty handed. One disappointment is that I find the place was a bit warm for me, like the air-cond was not turned on.

01.07.2012  - Viewers may noticed that my postings is now earlier than expected. This is because I am now using the time zone of Kiritimati or formerly known as Christmas Island Pacific Ocean. I believe the inhabitants of Kiritimati get to see the rising sun first before the rest of the world and as such the changes. Kiritimati island is part of the Republic of Kiribati and they are also using Australian banknotes as currency.

23.06.2012 - I have now scanned all my new notes at 300dpi.

17.06.2012 - I have added a link for my Franklin Mint Specimen Set "Banknotes From Around The World" issues. Only 4 sets collected so far. Nothing to brag about.

16.6.2012 - There are more than 1.3 billion people in the Peoples Republic of China (中国人民共和国), and millions of banknote collectors too, and yet until today, my site has only been visited 36 times from this beautiful country. Blogstpot sites are banned in China, but somehow, someone managed to bypass this restriction, and I believe that these 36 hits only represent few visitors (5?). I am just wondering how did they managed to get through?

No comments: